Saturday 25 January 2014

Yet Another Sad Time in the Whelan Household

We`ve had a bit of a difficult time again, my Dad passed away last week. He never got over loosing my Mother. After almost 50 years together it was an enormous wrench. At least now they are back together.

It`s not all been doom and gloom though. I am thoroughly enjoying settling into my new job at Tonic. I`m like a kid in a sweet shop, lol.

I`ve got a card and a frame to share with you today using the same die - EMILY frame die set.


The Forever Moments range from Tonic just lends itself to using vintage photographs. This one is another cutie. I`ve used an A5 card. The colour combination is not one I would normally use, but I took the colours from the photograph.
Cut a strip of card and punched both sides using the Regal Border punch. The Emily frame fits beautifully around this picture. I`ve finished off with a large bow and two of the small Tonic Layering Butterfly die cuts.


I painted the frame using acrylic paint. The baby image was cut out using Tonic Circle Layering dies and the pink layer behind was made using the Scallop Circle layering dies.
All this needed to finish it off was a couple of pearls.

It`s a horrible night here, wet & windy. So I`m going to light some candles, snuggle up in front of the fire and watch some TV.

Take Care
Hugs
Alison xx

1 comment:

  1. Stunning card and frame. Sorry to hear of your sad loss, sending prayers to you and the family. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete