Monday 13 May 2013

Tweet, Tweet

Had a fab night on Saturday in my friends retirement get together. She`s very apprehensive about her retirement, but I`m sure she`ll enjoy the extra time to herself.
Today I`ve got another card made from the Birds on a Branch die set.


This card is a Suspender card (I will do a tutorial for it), the centre of the card is suspended on fishing line. The pink border was made using the Floral Border Tonic Punch. I saved the punched out flowers to add to the branch later. The large flowers are punched using the Tonic Classic Geared Flower Punch. Anyone who is finding it difficult to use the boot punches to cut flowers should try this, it is soooo easy. The Bird and the Branch are cut using the Birds on a Branch die set. The Branch die is so versatile it can be used as borders, corners and frames as well as branches. The bird is glittered and the branch brushed with Distress inks.



Inside the card I`ve added another flower border and a die cut Bird Cage from the same Tonic set. I inked the Birdcage in the picture, but it looked a little too creamy against the crisp white of the card so I change it for another with no inking.

The Bird in a Branch dies will be back on Create and Craft on Wednesday 14th May at 08.00 hours

Afraid I`ve got to go now
Hugs
Alison xx

2 comments: